Located in Calle Alcalá, one of the most important streets in Madrid, the monumentalist-style building was designed by Eusebio Bona Puig and built between 1933 and 1935 on a site which also formerly hosted a convent.
A number of sculptures by sculptors Miguel Blay and Enrique Monjo enrich its façade and common areas. Between 1870 and 1905, the retail spaces at ground level, which currently host several international brands, were home to the popular Café de Fornos, where many artists, aristocrats and other relevant personalities of that period used to gather. Today, a plaque on the main façade remembers its history.
A GENERALI GROUP COMPANY
VAT number 01333550323